Skip to main content

Ha Long Bay, Vietnam

Sometimes, it's not the image you struggle with, but the slight shade tones to perfect. I had decided to not use gradients, and this is technically not, but doing this is much more tedious. I like the result, but part of me wonders if this is too close to using gradients.


On a side note, I have challenged myself to recreate some of the US National Park hex tile as a fun way to challenge myself and learn to use just black and white.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter: Hogwarts

 I like this tile on the computer, but I feared it was too dark for actual printing. I'll have to come back to Hogwarts.

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

I remember a friend telling me about a beautiful lake with stunning reflections. (An interested conversation because they were Chinese and there is a similar place in China called Qinghai.) I found a good image of the lake, dried and showing the salt flats. With a lot of time and a limited color palette, the final tile is complete. Enjoy.

Stargate

 I can't saw I have watched many SG1 episodes, but I did enjoy the movie and like the intersection between ancient Egypt and Sci-Fi.