Skip to main content

Tower Bridge, UK

Choosing Tower bridge is an easy choice for the UK. There are many perspectives to use and the resultant image with shadows came out well. I struggled with the background. I decided against using blue skies, like so many other tiles. I couldn't do a night scene without changing all the lighting and removing those nice shadows. I looked into using a lighter or stylized version of the UK flag, but it just didn't look right. So, I looked around for the official measurements and colors of the flag to recreate, resulting with this background. But after that was finished, I needed one last thing; a slight black trim around the bridge to highlight it a bit.


Side note: I finished this tile a while ago and just forgot to post here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesotho, in depth

I have been working on a few new tiles and I wanted to go through a little of the process of of putting one of these together. Let's look at my tile for Lesotho. Lesotho is famous for its ponies and majestic Drakensberg Moutains.  I sourced a few pictures: - a horse and rider (to be adjusted with a Basotho hat) - misty mountains  - and the Three Rondavels (famous mountains in the Drakensbergs) The misty mountains have the color scheme and some the mountains. The silhouette of the Three Rondavels become the rest of the background and some of the foreground. The horse and rider silhouette with a proper hat finishes the tile.

Torres del Paine, Chile

 

Mario 64: Castle Grounds

 I didn't play this until it was rereleased on the DS, but it was fun.