Skip to main content

Tower Bridge, UK

Choosing Tower bridge is an easy choice for the UK. There are many perspectives to use and the resultant image with shadows came out well. I struggled with the background. I decided against using blue skies, like so many other tiles. I couldn't do a night scene without changing all the lighting and removing those nice shadows. I looked into using a lighter or stylized version of the UK flag, but it just didn't look right. So, I looked around for the official measurements and colors of the flag to recreate, resulting with this background. But after that was finished, I needed one last thing; a slight black trim around the bridge to highlight it a bit.


Side note: I finished this tile a while ago and just forgot to post here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter: Hogwarts

 I like this tile on the computer, but I feared it was too dark for actual printing. I'll have to come back to Hogwarts.

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

I remember a friend telling me about a beautiful lake with stunning reflections. (An interested conversation because they were Chinese and there is a similar place in China called Qinghai.) I found a good image of the lake, dried and showing the salt flats. With a lot of time and a limited color palette, the final tile is complete. Enjoy.

Stargate

 I can't saw I have watched many SG1 episodes, but I did enjoy the movie and like the intersection between ancient Egypt and Sci-Fi.